UN Day, October 20th: "Our Planet, Our Future"
The Climate Action Dialogue with students who are taking action was led by Peter McCartt, Nina Orville, and Paul Presendieu. Student projects that were highlighted in a hands-on exhibit were:
- Community gardens – WCC & Yonkers Partners in Education (YPIE)
- Sunrise Movement – Mamaroneck HS students
- Climate Stories Project – Berenice Thompkins
- Video on Earth Sustainability from former Woodlands HS student
- Water Quality Assessment – Blue Team, CURB Beczak
- Saw Mill River flood abatement – Green Team, Groundwork Hudson Valley
- Solar Cookers – Alan Bigelow and West Windsor-Plainsboro HS student
- Sustainable Fashion presentation – Adalinda and mini-Models
This UN Day celebration was a follow-up to our Annual Meeting which featured Westchester leaders who are successfully taking action on the climate crisis.