Brenda L. G. Smith, Vice President, Partnerships Chair
David R. Finch, Treasurer
Scott C. Monje, Secretary and Editor, Newsletter
Marcia Wallace, Nominations Committee, Membership Committee
Myrna Anover, Program Co-Chair
Mary Seward Downes, Education Committee Co-Chair
J. Yuhanna Edwards, Advocacy Co-Chair
H.E. Ambassador Bob Jalang’o, Special Projects Chair
Joan Katen, Advocacy Co-Chair
Karen Rockwell El-Badry, Education Committee Co-Chair
Lilli Schindler, Program Co-Chair
Patrick Sciarratta, Communications Chair and Newsletter Layout Editor
Martha Perez, Young Professionals Program Chair
Jeanne Betsock Stillman
Interns and Helpers
Katarina Hoeger, Communications Assistant
Submissions for consideration to the UNA - USA Westchester Newsletter
should be sent to the Communications Chair: Patrick@vnclm.org
- 500-800 words – The lead paragraphs will be published in the magazine, with a link to the UNA-USA Westchester site, and any related site, where the complete article may be viewed.
- Commentary and Event-oriented articles on a relevant tone, highlighting recently past or upcoming events are preferred.
- In the context of the relationship between the United Nations and the Westchester community and United States are preferred.
- Advertorial/for-profit message or endorsement of any kind
- Information unrelated to the work of the UN in some capacity
- Inappropriate information or language, specific political or religious advocacy
- Personal Essay
- And include video content
- Actions you have taken to address the issues presented/discussed at/by the UN
- How the UN has shaped or changed your thinking about national or international issues: the SDGs, pending debates, USA – UN relations, etc.
- Your perspectives on the UNs global development goals and challenges
- Experiences with community action of any kind in relation to UN goals or challenges
- Stories about global friendships and collaborations that started at UN Conferences, etc.
- Submit articles in Word (.doc) format to this address: Patrick@vnclm.org with the subject line “UNAUSA W Newsletter: ‘Title of the Article’.” Once reviewed, it may take about 14 business days until the article is acknowledged as received and a decision is provided as to its use in the UNAUSA W Newsletter.
- Along with the article, kindly provide a brief description about the author (1-2 sentences), together with relevant information such as a website link, a Twitter handle, and other contact information, if applicable.